Eth0:2011 Winter Feedback
Please leave your feedback on the eth0:2011 Winter event. This is not a discussion page; add your feedback in the way you've experienced it. We'll use this to enhance the next event.
Feedback by Stitch
- + Enjoyed the event, all the people and everything that happened :)
- + Musics, i'm still playing B-Complex :)
- - Had to do so much stuff i've missed out on some lectures and things i wanted to see.
- - Toilets weren't neatly clean on the last day :(
- - Kitchentools made insane noise sometimes
Feedback by diggie
- + Had a great time with loads of fun and good and solid workshops/activity in both labs
- + HackDonalds was great and well executed (kudos to Smokkelaar!)
- - Did way too much driving around the country for this event
- - Lost loads of sleep ;)
Feedback by BugBlue
- + Relaxed
- + Nice smoking lounge
- + Nice indoor lounge
- + Good beds
- + Very good location with nice opportunities . (bubble bath FTW)
- + Nice people
- + Bar
- + Sleeping opportunities (next time I might even use them)
- - Music was hacked by hackers
- - 24/7 Pron, ascii art pron, snmp community pron (nothing against it but shut it off when you walk your kids around)
- - Food (not the quality, more the taste-ability)
Feedback by Mijke
- + good location/accomodation
- + nice people (nice irc - irl - this is me - who are you - waving contests)
- + uploading your own music
- + nice and cute nerds uploading my music! (and upgrading my laptop. Erhm, after first messing up my current intall, but still.. thanks! <3)
- + nice noms
- + a great deal of trust between the organisation and the guests
- - as n00b i couldn't upload my own music ;p
- - no 'next' voting option
- - smell of sweaty feet
- - no dancefloor! would've liked to see some nerds dancing :')
Feedback by Wilco
- + Location was great and nicely decorated
- + Met some very nice people and saw some others which I already knew
- + Very open to newcomers, no feeling of being left out or anything (Thank you, you're awesome!)
- + Decent food for vegetarians (Thank you so much, despite me being difficult! :))
- + Women! (At a nerd event, awesome \o/)
- + Good prices for the food stamps
- + Nice lounge, the mattresses are great (although they can't be trusted http://www.session416.com )
- - Too many people sniffing network traffic, not very good for the n00bs, maybe provide simple, but secure VPNs to the uplink next time?
- - Toilets not very clean the last day (but I wouldn't want to put it on the organisation to clean them, guests should keep 'em cleaner)
- - TMI on BugBlue in the bathtub :P
Feedback by FYI
- + Wilco: Very open to newcomers, no feeling of being left out or anything (Thank you, you're awesome!) +1
- + Lots of surplus /available equipment (beamers, e.d.) open to ad-hoc project things, vj'ing or just movies.
- + Good wireless coverage/network
- + FTP with HAR recordings and all kinda of hard-to-come-by coverage or presentations.
- + Visit from Fablab on wheels, always a plus.
- + (from the people on the event) great respect of others belongings and gear. Could leave stuff lying around without having to worry about their safety.
- - Digital (with fingers that is) ticket processing was slow (plus poor guy that had to type it all out).
- - Black benches had a tendency to shift around when leaning against them.
- - Unsecured network. Either put guides on the wiki or do some matter of securing (mostly to prevent POST and GET sniffing).
- - No signs spotted for people walking to the event (lightposts were out as well?) Maybe put up some sign/beacon combo deal light thing to mark the route.
Feedback by Murf
- + very positive atmosphere
- + the Hacker Beer really FLEW :-)
- + the bar, next time I'd LOVE to have that same professional and HUGE bar again
- + nice workshops and talks, I guess, haven't seen any of them unfortunately
- + the lounge was just great
- + very safe environment, no need to worry about your personal belongings
- + beds where awesome
- - the sniffing, I understand the humour and nature, but to be honest, I think it should be disallowed or at least with all usernames and passwords removed
- - toilets where clogged :-)
- - let a real DJ do it's thing and make the twitterDJ more accessible (AND controllable by the bartenders)
- - some general FTP dump, well accessible for all who care (I really HAD 40G of freshly ripped MP3's with me, but no place to leave them behind, sorry guys)
- - barstools where missing, so less incentive for people to just hang around a bit at the bar (and as a bartender, people just hanging around is just very nice)
- - next time I won't run 19 hour barshifts again just because I feel responsible and as a result have to leave early (really, I know, that was my own stupid mistake)
- - prices of the food could've been little less, the beer was fair though
- - wouldn't hurt if people actually cleaned up their own mess they made in the lounge and NOT just toss "klokhuizen" on the tables, kthnx!
Feedback by ????